Friday, July 4, 2008

700 messages of peace


Yesterday I finally completed cataloguing all the messages of hope and peace I have received so far. And to my surprise there are well over 700 !

I have cleared with the city of Portsmouth NH to hold a "street performance" on July 11th at noon in Market Square to read aloud these positive messages. The public is invited to come listen, help read these messages, or contribute a positive message to be included in this interactive global art project. I am grateful to my friend Bill Rogers of Coruway Film Institute, Court Street Media, in Portsmouth for helping me to document this part of the Woven Voices project. Check out his website ~ http://www.coruway.org/

After the messages have been read, they will be cut into strips and hand woven into brightly colored prayer flags back at my studio. As the flags are completed, they will be sent back to those who contributed messages. These colorful hand woven flags will be hung outside in communities around the world to fade, unravel and release the messages of hope, peace and renewal.

Happy 4th of July to you all. Peace, Sarah

No comments: