Friday, December 3, 2010

100 prayer flags for the world ~ Come weave!

"Bahati"
In about three weeks, I will be heading off for a very special trip. I will be flying to Cape Town, South Africa via Dubai. I will spend about 2 weeks there before casting off and sailing across the Atlantic to the Caribbean. I will be joining my friend Nat who has been circumnavigating the globe since late 2005 aboard Bahati, a 43' Montevideo Cutter.

While in South Africa, I will have about 2 weeks prior to embarking. During that time I hope to travel, see sites and connect with communities, schools and art/craft organizations. 


100 Prayer flags
 My goal is to weave 100 prayer flags before I leave. My vision is to have a stack of prayer flags to give freely while in South Africa, as well as on the isolated islands that we will stop at en-route.


We plan to stop at St. Helena and Ascension Island.  
How amazing to be able to leave a string of prayer flags at these remote communities!
St Helena ~ North West of South Africa

 So I send out this blog as an invitation to come to my studio to weave. Let me know what time/day works for you and we'll make a date. I ask for only a two hour window of your time.

For those of you who live at a distance, your words of support feed this project as well as the actions of those who are able to physically lend a hand. Every action is noticed and received with love.





With continued heartfelt gratitude for all your words and actions of support ~ Sarah

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sarah - I love your brilliant service with the prayer flags. I have one hanging in a sacred place on my property here in California and left them in Australia and New Zealand last year about this time. Blessings upon your journey and gratitude for the energy of your flags as it is seeded around the planet.

Catherine Grace, CHS said...

Though I can't be there in body, you know my spirit will be weaving and waving with you from here to the other side of the planet and back! Can't wait to hear about all your experiences!

Wilson the Wonderdog said...

Just back form the Virgin Islands ...and realize you are going to have such a wondrful adventure!

Hope to sail with you some day!

Spread the word there is crew available in Santa Fe!

love

B

Natty said...

Dear Sarahhhhh! Can't wait to welcome you aboard BAHATI and help carry the message of peace and love from So Africa back to the Caribbean and onward! Brava! Your mission is vital and moving like the ocean waves...and will carry us all just as far!

Much love, Cap B/Natty

Anonymous said...

Travel safely Sarah...you carry so many of our dreams in your heart